Louis Guntrum ‘Nierstein Bergkirche’ Riesling Kabinett
The ‘Nierstein Bergkirche’ single vineyard is located on a hill above the town of Nierstein, right next to the St. Kilian church, around the corner of the oldest vineyard in Germany – Niersteiner Glock. This is a Kabinett level, so with grapes picked at full maturity, and almost fully fermented – just a tad of residual sugar is left here. Elegant and classical Riesling aromas of tropical fruits. green apples, citrus, pineapple and melon. The palate, presents juicy tropical fruit and shows vividly honey and rich acidity, excellent balance of light sweetness and acidity.
Louis Guntrum was established in 1648, and since 2003 has been operated by Louis Konstantin Guntrum, who is the 11th generation of the Guntrum family to make wine. During the French Revolution, the Guntrum family fled across the Rhine river and temporarily relocated in Bensheim. In 1909, Louis Guntrum returned to the village of Nierstein and founded the Louis Guntrum winery as it is known today.
In February 1945, during World War II, U.S. General Patton occupied the winery and the family mansion, having crossed the Rhein river directly at the Louis Guntrum estate. The current generation is focused on producing high-quality wines that are created with passion and rooted in history. Modern cellar technology, combined with the best of traditional wine-making and philosophy have formed a harmonious relationship, and are responsible for the production of some of Germany ‘s finest wines.
Riesling & blends